Advanced braces that are prescribed and fitted by physiotherapists can be very effective at reducing pain in many patients. They work by offloading stress on the joint or preventing painful movements.
Points to consider:
- They are non-invasive and non-narcotic.
- They can help you maintain your everyday activities.
- They can be used in conjunction with other treatment options to help effectively manage osteoarthritis symptims and increase the stability of the knee(s) to reduce pain and swelling.
- They can be more cost effective and safer than other treatments such as medications or more invasive surgeries that carry additional risks.
- They can help further deterioration of the joint by easing the pressure on the affected compartment.